The highlight of Photoshop or PSD files is the layering factor present in it which helps us edit /modify the data contained in it. These PSD files are the foundation stones to building a rock solid website. Web developers may modify these files to suit the requirement of the theme of the website, so required to be designed. However, there are various drawbacks to these file formats in the online arena; it is extremely cumbersome for these static files to load onto the website. Therefore to make these files dynamic it is imperative to code or convert PSD files to HTML.
HTML is basically hyper text mark-up language; this allows creation of websites and also quality HTML codes aid search engines in ranking your websites higher.
So now, what are HTML5 and CSS3?
HTML5 is the advanced markup language which scores a way above the initial HTML 4.0 ( The language itself was introduced as HTML4.0) used to structure and present Web 2.0 type content over the Internet; this upgraded version would offer highly advanced features to your website in terms of visuals, video, interactivity and also other advanced browser based options. It supports advanced multimedia features; the highlight being a platform called “canvas” which allows mobile application developers to build interactive apps for users. CSS is a style sheet language that works at providing a better look and feel to the pages created using markup languages like HTML, XHTML, and XML etc. In a nutshell, its core function would just to enhance the functionality and presentation of HTML and XHTML pages in ways more than one. Presently most browsers support the version CSS2.1 and HTML 4.01; with the launch of CSS3 and HTML5 most browser vendors are considering an upgrade which is compatible with the duo!
Conversion of PSD files to HTML5/CSS3-
As discussed in the very beginning, building a website entails conversion of static PSD files into HTML/CSS. CSS is by default applied to the HTML code for it to be semantic. So, this procedure basically begins with the Photoshop file cutting into several layers; then the available padded design information is transformed into the web friendly HTML. Thus now the web page becomes easily understandable by users, computers, smart phones, gadgets extending into internet explorer and numerous other search engines.
Moving on to why specifically do to need to opt for conversion of PSD to HTML5/CSS3, remember the following-
- There is a need for your web page to stand-out in an international era.
- You have a choice to pack in your website quality in Semantic/Structural Components, Press components, the fabric Factor and other new Type Components.
- You may create responsive designs with CSS3 media queries/rich Web or HTML5 video and audio with this conversion After all it makes sense to embrace /explore the length and breadth of the internet is it not?
- Further there are many elements in HTML5 a few of them being audio, footer, header, canvas, progress, time and so on. Once again, these are all embedded elements in HTML and hence do require an API process for loading.
- Flash applications often adversely impact a phone’s performance when used on websites. HTML5 overcomes this by providing seamless functionality and faster performance.
- Since it HTML5 browsers based, they can be directly accessed with all leading browsers. Most HTML5 mobile applications function smoothly on mobile ruling out requirements for any additional plug-in.
- One single set of code can be applied to all HTML5 enabled mobile phones irrespective of the mobile OS; thus this hastening the entire process thanks to cross platform mobile application development processes.
Conversion into HTML5/CSS3 is the first and fundamental step to increase your website visibility and make it search engine friendly. Ahead, when this conversion process will help you build a responsive design as well; you will just need to jump at the first opportunity in this direction is it not?