Websites have become the engines that lead the way in internet marketing; now they would serve this purpose if and only if their design/ content has the reach to capture and hold the browser’s attention, is it not? The fundamental step that needs to be taken in this direction is to enhance the quality of the website and develop it in ways that would enable it to reach the desired target .Assuming there is concurrence here, read on.
Why convert PSD files into HTML in the first place?
A PSD file is that Photoshop document which is static, hence it can be applied directly to the web design. Conversion of PSD files into HTML (A markup language that is used in codes for designing websites) makes this static file, dynamic and search engine friendly. The resultant website is light and therefore easy to load for user.
What next? XHTML and CSS2 explained-
Let us begin by recollecting the fact that all markup languages for the web is based on SGML or Standard generalized markup language; however it is overall a complicated language. Hence SGML was further simplified to create XML (extensible Markup Language). Now XML is a powerful format where in you create your own tags and attributes to suit the requirements of your document. And so by using a set group of tags / attributes and adhering to the rules of XML, XHTML (extensible Hypertext Markup Language) was created. The pre-defined HTML 4.01 tags and attributes were the foundation of this new Markup language, with XML listing the rules of holding it all together.XHTML resembles a lot of HTML; therefore it does not face compatibility problems provided some simple coding guidelines are followed. Conversion of PSD to XHTML documents focus on logical structure and simplicity, and by default use CSS or Cascading Style sheets for better layout/ presentation.CSS2 or Cascading Style Sheets Level 2 (CSS2) is basically second version of cascading style sheets developed by W3C (World Wide Web Council).It is deployed along with a markup language to enhance the appearance and positively affect the performance of a website.
Now so as to begin with the conversion of PSD files into XHTML/CSS2, the choice of a profession service provider is crucial. Remember the following points before you set out to make a choice-
• Compliance with W3C standards is an important factor- This ensures that your website has higher chances of being viewed in the appropriate manner on different web browsers or computer platforms, since all browsers work towards being complaint with existing HTML/ CSS standards.
• Double checking is required on the markup code to be optimized with search engines- This is the very essence of your websites presence is it not?
• Conversion of PSD files into XHTML/CSS2 is most effective with hand-coded markups- insist for the same from your service provider.
• Focus and test on multi browser compatibility as the project progresses. There should be no cross browser issues as we really can’t define the type of browser the user has to choose so as to view the website.
• View some sample conversion from PSD to XHTML/CSS2 projects undertaken by the service provider and review parameters of time taken /quality of codes etc.
• Ensure there is strong technical and service oriented back up throughout the process of conversion of the files handed over.
The scope of what the internet can offer to businesses today has led to the increase in demand of powerful/dynamic websites. The reach your business has and the presence of your website begins right at the step of effectively converting PSD files to XHTML/HTML CS. After all strength stems from a strong foundation, is it not?