The purpose of content has evolved to fulfillment of higher objectives than just mere data that fills up pages in the website; content has emerged to critically perform as an important tool in marketing various aspects of your business via the website. It purely is content that will engage the appropriate audience you target and cater to as well as propagate your business ideologies for further brand development.
In short content does the following-
- It introduces visitors to your business via the website and gives detail about products and services you offer.
- As mentioned in the beginning it can market your products and services to potential customers. Effectively.
- Content also has the capability of influencing the size of your audience via the search engine ranking it receives. This point will be discussed a little in depth later in this article, ie SEO and the role of content.
- It is content in the website of a given business that will differentiate from competitors, influence the position of the brand, drives website traffic help in building links, help in lead generation and try to build the loyalty factor among audiences.
Google’s Humming bird update and Content-
The hummingbird update of Google s search algorithm discusses and enforces the shift from keyword-based search to a semantic mode of search- now “Semantic” refers to the actual meanings of words which are used in content. The objective of implementing this form of search is to actually arrive at a searcher’s intent, over and above focus on the words that are keyed in while launching a search. The intent of the searcher feeds the search engine with an enormous amount of insight upon how to actually bring about page results based on what the user is looking for.
Content marketers have now been presented with an all new dimension to churn out engaging content that can actually generate more traffic for a given website. So as to understand content in a given website this update actually collects together elements from Google’s Knowledge Graph and social signals thus sent, and try to gather an overall context; it observes the ideas on a given page and assess its capability to actually asses a users’ questions. It is important for marketers fall in line with the all new semantic Web and re strategize the content to cater to audiences as well as work on generating traffic.
Work on your content-
1) Pass on a crystal clear message on what you are trying to convey to the expected consumers of the created content. The audience is actually the heaviest influence on the style and the topics that you will use and hence begin using social networks and participate more often in them to find out the pulse of your readers.
2) Contribute in a valuable manner; in case you are working on a website which already has some content, review look for any feedback, and work on giving them what they expect.
3) Define the goals of what you expect to achieve; also remember that your content will need to satisfy the needs of a visitor as well. Be well aware of what you write and display.
4) Being able to put forth the right content in the website also encases some design capabilities that may be required; you are not only expected to create content but you will also have to showcase in an organized manner and then present the same to the visitors.
Publishing the right content comes a long way in your overall marketing strategy-
Bear in mind a number of factors appropriate to frequent publications; there are those who publish interesting and engaging pieces of content which maybe average in the subject and yet follow it by a an outstanding one. Remember that your content needs to focus first on promoting your brand, still catering to the needs of your target audience in a genuine manner. Work on your content, weave in key words as and when needed in a strategic manner but remember the large picture. The search engines are always watching!