The Internet offers tremendous scope for growth of businesses; it has come to play a crucial role in enhancing revenue through its ability to reach out to bigger base of target customers. Now as we talk about internet being accessible to a wider range of users, it is important to bear in mind that flexibility of the website is certainly the key aspect of its popularity. In simpler terms, a user could access the internet via his desktop laptop and given today’s time and age even his smart phone! Now is your website device friendly?
Responsive design is important for you business-
Your business has now grown and you decide to expand into the internet to increase your foot traffic, sales and your brand image .What’s next? Establishing a stronghold virtually opens your business up to endless opportunities. A step ahead building a website that can be easily accessible to the user on any kind of internet based device will give this stronghold more depth would it not?
A Responsive web design or (RWD) is that approach which aims at crafting sites to provide a seamless and an optimal viewing experience to the user; ease of navigation across all mobile devices/platforms is the driving factor. Consider the following highlights of a responsive website –
- Content in the website can be displayed in multiple environments irrespective of the screen size/resolution.
- Hassle free website navigation in a desktop environment as well as on mobile devices.
- There will be focus on Cross browser support and also on browser upgrades.
- Uniform content access and readability on desktops as well as in high-resolution displays such as in sophisticated smart phones.
- Optimized images so as to where it can be viewed /downloaded which can be anywhere even with hassles of a slow-connectivity situation.
- Usage of grid based fluid percentages, aids in uniform user experience across any mobile device/screen size.
It is about time you built a responsive website, is it not? Consider HTML5/CSS3.
HTML5 is basically an advanced version of the original HTML standard markup language or the language (The language itself was introduced as HTML4.0) used to structure and present content on the Web consistently, across web browsers. HTML5 is an evolution of the existing standard to address the ever increasing challenges presented by today’s rich media, cross device compatibility issues and mobile internet access demands. . It supports advanced multimedia features; the highlight being a platform called “canvas” which allows mobile application developers to build interactive apps for users.
CSS or ‘Cascading Style Sheets’ is the language of design that which defines “ styling “ of web pages, providing website designers the option of having to choose the presentation style of documents which are created. A CSS can be interpreted by all graphical web browsers across devices/ operating systems. ; It can be used to easily modify the appearance of a web page with reference to a particular device or screen size. Its core function would just be to enhance the functionality/ presentation of HTML5 pages in this given context.
Advantages you gain so as to build a sound website-
- It is imperative for website codes to be semantically accurate for a reasonably good page rank to be obtained. HTML5 and CSS3 provide you with accurate readable codes are very simple to deploy and are semantic in nature.
- The need for additional plug-ins so as to view certain video files is ruled out with use of HTML5 and CSS3, the audio/ video effects are automatically tagged and are viewable.
- Validations are supported by default by deploying HTML5 and CSS3 for your website; separate scripts or the usage of confusing complex codes is thus eliminated.
- Many browsers do not support all types of web pages but HTML5 and CSS3 help the designer to develop a web page that is compatible even with previous versions of your browsers.
- Use of flash applications on your website is passé; HTML5 with CSS3 provides you with a variety of alternative features to support media features. CSS3 is in itself now enhanced with many features and added elements that weaves magic, when used with HTML5!
- “Box shadows and text shadows”, border-radius’ property can be carried out using pretty simple a code in CSS3.you web layout suddenly looks very simple!
- There is a lot of scope for future development of HTML5 applications; this may open up wider access to business intelligence due to the fact that all those devices that are compatible with HTML5 will be able to uniformly collect, collate and make use of data gathered using standard browser based analytical tools.
- Html5 uses a feature called geo-location which allows a user opts to share their location in a given context; this can be of primary importance to develop location based services or applications.
HTML5 and CSS3 together offer a wider range of features with support responsive/ overall presentation tools across media types for your dream website; while also giving developers greater scope to produce better web sites with enhanced user experience. You will have experience it to believe it, indeed!