Smart phones have made all our lives easier; not only to merely using the device to access internet / other generic functionalities of a regular phone smart phones have a slew of smaller applications running on them locally. Now these are called mobile applications, more commonly referred to as an app. These applications sort of serve the same purpose to the users such as similar services found on laptops/ PCs; however these are just smaller software units with limited functionality. Development of mobile applications is those set of procedures which are involved in actually coding software for these kind of wireless computing devices such as smart phones/tablets.
HTML5 and its features in a nutshell-
We are all aware of the shift to mobile technology and the resultant concept of responsive design; HTML5 is a newer, advanced and feature rich version of the current version used HTML4 which has engineered building of web pages on the internet all along. HTML5 was basically created to ease up the coding process easier, make it more pragmatic and logical. HTML5 shifted focus to the multimedia aspects of webpage content; many of its features extend support to heavy content on low-powered devices. HTML5 comes with all new syntaxes which feature the new <video>, <audio> and <canvas> elements, facilitating integration of vector graphics content as well. All of this paves way for easier efficient and faster execution of multimedia and graphic content on the web eliminating the need for additional plug-ins or APIs.
Why use HTML5 in mobile application development?
- HTML5 cross-platform whether your device is a tablet a smart phone or any variant of a notebook or even a Smart TV; all you need is your browser to be HTML5, you may be rest assured on flawless execution. In effect your app is more equipped to handle newer devices to come to market, across different screen sizes, resolutions / aspect ratios.
- Now this is the highlight; HTML5 can be used to write web applications that offline i.e. even when you are not connected to the web; it communicates to websites about your location thus facilitating handling of high definition video/ deliver sophisticated graphics as well. You will also be able to create files in Google Docs /draft e-mails without an internet connection and these changes would be automatically updated the next time you get online.
- It’s cost effective for the obvious point; you will just to develop one technology compared as against multiple ones for corresponding device upgrades/user preferences.
- With HTML5 you wind up with a user interface that not only looks and feels great; it feels responsive, and is easy to use on any platform .However ensure that you hire an efficient team of designers /developers to achieve the state and quality of that ideal user interface which HTML5 s contemporaries iOS and Android frameworks provide out of the box! Choose HTML5 for Fluid UI; it gives you the ideal balanced approach to create a product that works on both desktop and mobile.
- HTML5 is extremely developer friendly.
- You can update apps faster with HTML5; it simply focuses on enhances user experience on mobile.
Html5 is the direction to head if you are working on a reduced budget but still are targeting reach irrespective of cross-device codebase. HTML5 does not however provide you with complex data processing inside the app; one of the key features that will be noticeably slower than a native app. HTML5 based applications lead the pack; the wisest choice to power your mobile applications with!