The foundation for your website development begins with the process of conversion of PSD files into HTML needless to mention; exactly here you begin assessing the options of the right framework/CSS style type to integrate your website with. Basically a framework is a package of a structure of files/ folders of standardized mark up code (HTML, CSS, Java script) .The role of a framework revolves around development of websites, beginning as a basis of actually starting to build one! It works on enhancing developer productivity; work on the quality, reliability and dynamism of creating a new website!
Web pages are based on PHP which is the simplest and easiest to deploy among all scripting languages; now this most of us are aware of. Writing codes in PHP can get repetitive and monotonous; and thus PHP frameworks were introduced so as to streamline development of web applications/pages and further provide a “skeleton” on which these developments function. They help promote rapid application development (RAD) saving time and work towards building more stable applications. While frameworks form the foundation structure of building the website, CSS or a component called Cascading style sheets help exercise control over the overall appearance of a web page to the one that creates it, than to a given browser designer / viewer. Along with PSD to HTML/HTML5 conversion, deploying a framework/ CSS styles help you construct a robust website with appropriate emphasis on database interaction/coding as well as presentation aspect of your website.
Before we actually proceed to checking in detail, options of frameworks that are available, take a look at the following-
What are your choices of HTML/CSS frameworks?
- Blueprint CSS framework- Like all other frameworks, this reduces development time drastically while providing great features. It comes with an easy to use grid, helpful plugins, quality typography, style sheet language, and also giving you form styles for good UI to work with!
- Twitter`s Bootstrap is the frontend interface framework that is created by twitter;it comes with a score of benefits especially for a developer. It is CSS framework that’s designed to work faster on a basic HTML template and powers responsive design in websites very effectively.
- 960 Grid System – The focus with this type of framework is to help with quick /rapid prototyping, it also accurately works when deployed into a production environment. The two variants in this type of framework are the 12 column grid and 16 column grids.
- Golden grid system- A web grid system, which acts as a CSS tool for grid based web sites; it provides a 970 pixels main width, a 6 column grid as well as a 12 column grid. It is extremely lightweight (about 1kb), and is extremely easy to use.
- 52 Framework- This is most suited for websites based on HTML 5 and its benefits which also utilizes the CSS3, saving a lot of time in slicing layouts and designing it with a variety of sophisticated features.
- Baseline Framework- This fundamental framework was built bearing in mind typography standards; actively aids in designing websites with good designs/ typography. Though it started as prototype; it grew to be a complete typographic framework in no time with the “real” baseline grid existing as its foundation.
- YAML-This framework brought about focus into web standards and accessibility. It is a slim framework with comes about with numerous extensions and as a flexible layout concept as well!
- Html5 boilerplate- This framework is increasingly growing popular with a lean, mobile-friendly HTML template. This comes with the optimized Google Analytics feature, a placeholder touch-device icon and a hoard of other tips and tricks!
Arriving at the right HTML/CSS framework for your website is probably is daunting initially; certainly the developer would be able to appreciate the benefits of using one for his efforts as well as the outcome! The role of a framework is to provide classes / libraries that aid in integrating your database with that code that will appropriately use data. Test driven development has precedence of writing a code first and then testing it post completion. Deploying the right framework helps direct the developers efforts in doing just that!