The reach of Internet and Ecommerce has indeed taken enterprises and consumers to a whole level of business transactions; buying and selling online. Powerful ecommerce sites with a host of products, detailing features, reviews and convenient payment gateways simply add to user experience contributing largely to a competitive environment in the web for online stores. Now user experience depends on a variety of factors beginning from the appearance of the site, load time of the site, product display, shipping to payment modes offered. By and large all of these factors depend on the shopping cart software chosen to power your ecommerce site. We shall look at one popular shopping cart solution called Prestashop; its features, benefits and its latest features.
Prestashop 1.5 and its benefits to your business-
PrestaShop is quite a popular and a widely acknowledged open source e-commerce solution, powered by PHP, MySQL and Smarty Template Engine. Prestashop is open source, codes are easy to modify and customize according to your business requirements. Prestashop was officially introduced in the year 2007 and has seen constant growth with a strong community of dedicated PrestaShop developers who contribute steadily. Prestashop can be installed in no time at all due to its small size which is about 2.2 MB; there would however be a requirement of investment in terms of developing ecommerce modules exclusively. Primarily PrestaShop e-commerce solution was built to reap complete advantages of web 2.0 innovations, next-generation design and development facilities. Have a look at the following advantages of using PrestaShop –
- Prestashop comes with an extremely user friendly and a brilliant interface with guidance provided to the customers throughout their experience on the website.
- There are a range of free themes and modules that are available for Prestashop web store and these can be modified as per requirements.
- Prestashop powered sites are fast loading both when the homepage is accessed and while transacting or switching pages to carry out business.
- Prestashop is safe, proved from the support for SSL, with the respective front and back end login s provided with encrypted passwords, the same deployed in the database as well. Your prestashop site is completely hacker proof!
- Since URLs and title tags can be easily changed on the Prestashop platform, codes turn out to be extremely SEO friendly.
- Prestashop does not require huge expensive servers to run unlike other major shopping cart platforms; requires very less server resources and configuration.
Stepping ahead, have a look at some top features to be introduced in Prestashop v 1.6 (latest version)-
- Integration with Bootstrap 3.0, Font Awesome, Sass Compass and D3 Data Driven Documents. To bring about superior online shopping experience.
- All new improved and responsive back office set up to manage your entire store from any hand held device or tablet. Smaller KPI modules integrated for valuable data on customers.
- Look and feel of the dashboard revamped with active feedback from merchants.
- One major highlight in PrestaShop v1.6 is that the Net Profit Margin is automatically updated real time giving you data on sales and profits at any given point of the day.
- Saas Compass technology helps merchants give make-overs in the Front-Office without any requirement of any advanced technical knowledge. It just needs a few clicks to change and format the CSS of your store using the new Live Template Edit feature.
- Instant validation of fields for your customers account creation is being brought out, email and more. Invalid format entry will be notified instantly in a non-obtrusive fashion such that accurate customer information is obtained.
- All new attractive banners have been introduced to highlight sales, marketing campaigns and other promotions. These could be customized for each page and bring focus to customer preferences.
- Improved scrolling options to easily switch between product views, grid to list to simplify shopping experiences and increase your conversion rate.
- A professional search navigation that instantly filters products by attributes on the basis of price, color, manufacturer etc. These attributes are customizable as per business requirements.
- Introduction of an all new comparison feature for all products; a dedicated URL is created for all sharing these comparisons as well.
- Rich Menu module is included into the default theme with customization
- User-friendly Add to Cart feature has been included to display a pop-up confirmation to clients complimented with display of related products for quick and effective cross-selling.
- Quick View feature which allows site visitors to hover over products so as to get a quick glimpse of important product details without having to click over each option.
Choose to convert from PSD to prestashop today, offer your online business the complete set of advantages this shopping cart software has in store! Your online store will simply need that edge to thrive in competition!